Not Listening

I got myself one of those Happy Bunny daily calendar thingies. You know, the ones where each day has it's own witty commentary and picture? It's hilarious. It will also be used to title my blogs. Be prepared for the title and the subject to have nothing to do with each other. Unless I don't have anything else to write about, in which case I will derive inspiration from its sarcastic powers.

It's unbelievably hard to get back into the groove of this. To the point where it's beginning to intimidate me. I think what also intimidates me is that I am aware of who some of my audience is (hi Mom!), and it restricts some of the things I want to write about. The whole point of this was to be able to vent, to get things out of my head so it didn't cause my brain to explode through my eyeballs and splatter all over the monitor. Because most of the time I'm not blogging on my own equipment, but on someone else's, and that would be rude. Not only am I not working, but I'm also making a mess. But I digress. I'm not sure if I'll just make some posts private, and take a cue from her, or if I'll just say, you know what, you don't like it, don't read it. Or maybe I'll just disappear for awhile to avoid hurting any one's feelings. Meh.

So it's the new year right? Whoo-freaking-hoo. But seriously, everyone is all, what's your resolution, and for some reason, I keep hearing revolution, and I can't understand what everyone is all up in arms about. Then I realize, no no, reSolution, and can come out from under my desk because there won't be any musket balls headed my direction. Or bayonets. You don't see those nearly enough anymore. I think it would encourage people to be nicer to each other if everyone had their own bayonet to attach to their cell phones, or pencils, or even, in the case of The Smoodge, their chapstick. Yeah, I'll take that Nobel now. You're welcome.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, resolutions. I don't have any. Seriously. And that makes me sad. I've become so wrapped up in my job, and The Smoodge, and not killing people, that I haven't had the mental capacity to better myself. And no, I will not make a resolution that I won't kill anyone this year. I can, however, resolve not to tell you about it if I do. Compromise, bitches.

Mostly the reason why I don't have any resolutions though is because I don't want to fail at any of them. And I know I will. I've had far too much failure caused by others in the last two years that no way am I going to set MYSELF up for them. So I guess I figure if I don't plan anything, I can't fail anything. And that has to be the dumbest fucking way to live your life. Ever. Even dumber than that time when you thought you could pick your nose in your car and no one would see you. Well, I saw you. And am judging you for it.

So I've decided to make a list of things that I want to do, and not limit myself to having completed them within the next year, but at least made REAL progression towards them this year (I have to clarify REAL because otherwise I will totally come back and say that blogging about them counted and it doesn't. But I can rationalize like a mo-fo). So, in no particular order of importance, except they were just the ones that popped into my head first, I present to you........................

My List of Crap That I Will Make REAL Progression Towards In 2009
1. Graduate from college with a degree in music.
Facebook kind of kicked me on the ass on this one. Living ignorant of those around you really helps to shield you from what you want out of life. But then I got back in touch with so many old friends and realized they are living the life that I want. Tools.
2. Lose a lot of weight.
I'm not going to tell you how much, because it's none of your damn business, nosey. But I will tell you that what spurned this on the most is going to a concert, jumping around, and coming to the realization that not all of your body is going in the same direction at the same time. Yeah.
3. Take a trip to another continent.
I know that seems random and weird and whatever, but these are my resolutions, not yours, and if I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to ya.

That's all I have for now. Those are kind of the most important. That, and I'm out of here in like 10 minutes, and I gotta wrap this bad boy up, so yeeaaaahhhh.... I think those are good for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're icky and that's sad.

Um. Hi.

Let's Get One Thing Straight