I....you....it's.... Huh.

**Back story: the monkey was on the phone with her father, and mentioned that her Grandpa Larry had died, and was in Heaven with Jesus.  The following is the text exchange between him and I after the phone call ended**

Ex: Did someone die?  She said "papa and Lilly went to Jesus"
Me: Grandpa Larry. He died of cancer the day after Easter
Ex: I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences. Is she handling the loss okay?
Me:  It's hard for her to understand.  It's not tangible for her.  So she talks about it on occasion.  His picture is on my desk in the office, and she saw it while on the phone with you and thought she would bring it up.
Ex: Thanks for the info.  I wanted to be able to speak with her if she did ask questions.  Again, my condolences.
Me: We tell her he isn't sick any more because he's in Heaven with Jesus.  Same with a bunny that died at her daycare.  Miss Carol's bunny if it comes up as well.  Generally it's always brought up on the same conversation
Me: And now Grandpa Larry takes care of the bunny in Heaven

**This is where it gets weird**

Ex: Was there a duck also?
*crickets chirping
Me: Um. Not that I have heard...But sometimes she says her (invisible) baby chicken is dead...
Ex: Okay, maybe that was it.  She told me all about it being on the side of the road by your house and then with Jesus.  She said the stuffed animal, chick in the egg, you sent with her last time was to replace the dead one.
Me: I am cracking up right now.  I have no idea what that is supposed to mean...she got the baby chick in an egg for Easter... I think maybe she's just putting random thoughts together.  She's quite the little story teller.

So there you have it.  From dead cousins to dead chickens in one simple text exchange.

Also?  This is the most I have talked to the ex in text....well....ever?

So glad it could be about this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're icky and that's sad.

Let's Get One Thing Straight

Um. Hi.